Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers
Current Records: Houston 6-3, Los Angeles 3-7
How To Watch
- When: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena — Los Angeles, California
- TV: Bally Sports SoCal
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try for free) Fubo’s holiday offer just kicked off – For a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months)
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
What to Know
The Rockets have enjoyed the comforts of home their last seven games, but now they’ll head out on the road. They will take on the Los Angeles Clippers at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday at Crypto.com Arena after having had a few days off. The Rockets pulled off an upset win in their last outing, and are hoping to pull that off once more against the 7.5-point favorite Clippers.
Last Sunday, Houston narrowly escaped with a victory as the team sidled past Denver 107-104. That’s two games straight that the Rockets have won by exactly three points.
Meanwhile, the Clippers’ recent rough patch got a bit rougher on Tuesday after their sixth straight loss. They fell just short of Denver by a score of 111-108. The loss unfortunately continues a disappointing trend for the Clippers in their matchups with the Nuggets: they’ve now lost seven in a row.
The losing side was boosted by Paul George, who scored 35 points along with 7 rebounds and 3 steals.
Houston’s victory bumped their record up to 6-3. As for Los Angeles, their defeat was their sixth straight on the road, which bumped their record down to 3-7.
While only the Rockets took care of their fans the last time they played, both teams pleased bettors by covering the spread. Looking ahead, the Clippers are the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by 7.5 points. Houston might be worth a quick bet since they’re sitting on a four game streak of covering the spread when playing as the underdog.
The Rockets might still be hurting after the devastating 121-100 loss they got from the Clippers in their previous meeting back in January. Can the Rockets avenge their defeat or is history doomed to repeat itself? We’ll find out soon enough.
Los Angeles is a big 7.5-point favorite against Houston, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Clippers, as the game opened with the Clippers as a 5.5-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 218.5 points.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Los Angeles has won 9 out of their last 10 games against Houston.
- Jan 15, 2023 – Los Angeles 121 vs. Houston 100
- Nov 14, 2022 – Los Angeles 122 vs. Houston 106
- Nov 02, 2022 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Houston 101
- Oct 31, 2022 – Los Angeles 95 vs. Houston 93
- Mar 01, 2022 – Los Angeles 113 vs. Houston 100
- Feb 27, 2022 – Los Angeles 99 vs. Houston 98
- Feb 17, 2022 – Los Angeles 142 vs. Houston 111
- May 14, 2021 – Houston 122 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Apr 23, 2021 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Houston 104
- Apr 09, 2021 – Los Angeles 126 vs. Houston 109
Injury Report for the Clippers
- Brandon Boston Jr.: Out (Quadriceps)
- Mason Plumlee: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for the Rockets
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Knee)
- Amen Thompson: Out (Ankle)